Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following vacant position in Kings University:
Job Title: Systems Programmer I/II
The systems programmer will be responsible for installing and modifying the institution’s existing system software. He or she will prepare to install the software by studying its technical capabilities and operations. The ideal programmer will be able to handle the vast majority of task scheduling, file system, memory management, and input/output requirements of our system.
Systems Programmer Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installs system programs by loading software into the computer
- Uncovers work stoppage and errors by performing routine tests and monitoring output
- Repairs errors and work stoppages by entering changes to code
- Increases system efficiency by analysing key performance indicators and altering software
- Keeps highly-sensitive data confidential
- Maintains thorough records by documenting system revisions and changes
- Prepares user manuals by writing operating instructions
- Maintains strict control of system and monitors program usage
- Ensures that equipment is used according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and contacts appropriate vendors for repairs
- Evaluates new techniques and equipment
- Frequently updates knowledge base by establishing personal networks and participating in professional organizations
Systems Programmer Skills and Qualifications
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Good understanding of relational database systems (mySql), Object Oriented Programming and Web application development
- Basic knowledge of Search engine optimization
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Positions
- Possession of a good first degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Informatics or related disciplines. from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division)
- Recognised Professional qualification such as CISCO
- Considerable number of years of cognate experience.
- Candidates are required to be IT savvy and must have good communication skill.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit Seven (7) copies of their Application and detailed Curriculum Vitae with Photocopies of Credentials and 3 Referees Letters.
P.M.B. 555, Odeomu,
For enquiry, Call: 08150846561
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: 31Th May, 2021.