Governing CouncilNovember 16, 2021 2021-12-06 17:07
Composition Of The Governing Council
The Governing Council is headed by Dr. Dipo Oluyomi, the University Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, other members of the Council are:
|Dr. Dipo Oluyomi||Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council|
|Professor Adenike Kuku||Vice-Chancellor|
|Ms. Faith Tuedor-Mathews||Nominee of the Proprietor|
|Mr. Tayo Oladapo||Nominee of the Proprietor|
|Dr. Mrs O.K. Olumurewa||Member representing the Senate|
|Mr. O. Fatomilola||Member representing the Congreation|
|Engr. Abraham Chundusu||Member representing NUC|
|Mr. S.F Olajide||Member representing the M.O.E. State of Osun|
|Professor G.O.A Sowemimo||Member representing Odeomu Community|
|Pastor Femi Faseru||Member representing Board of Trustees|
The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, while the University Librarian and Bursar attends the meetings of the Council as non-members.
The Responsibilities Of The Council
- Determine the proposed University educational character, mission and strategic vision, its long-term business plans, annual budgets, key performance indicators (KPIs), and ensure that these meet the interest of stakeholders;
- Ensure the establishment and monitoring of systems of control and accountability, including financial and operational controls and risk assessment, clear procedures for handling internal grievances and for managing conflicts of interest;
- Monitor institutional performance against plans and approved KPIs, which wherever possible and appropriate, are benchmarked against other comparable higher education institutions;
- Establish instruments for effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the proposed University and safeguarding its assets;
- Appoint all the Principal Officers and Other Staff of the proposed University except the Vice-Chancellor;
- Set a framework for the pay and conditions of service for all staff;
- Approve procedures relating to suspension and dismissal of staff and staff grievance procedures;
- Maintain accounts and appoint auditors.
Major Committees of The Governing Council
The Council operates through the committee system. The following are the main Committees of Council:
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Appointments, Promotions and Disciplinary Committee.
- Tenders Board.
- Fund-Raising Committee.
- Committee on Security.
Learn more about Kings University Administration