University Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees shall be appointed by the Proprietor and shall comprise the following:
- Chairman, who shall be a person of proven integrity and shall preside over meetings of the Board;
- Three (3) nominees of the Proprietor including at least one woman;
- Two (2) members in their personal cognizance representing a variety of interest to the University;
- One (1) member representing Ode-Omu Community;
The Pro-Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor shall be in attendance at the meetings of the Board, unless the Chairman directs otherwise.
The Board shall appoint its own Secretary and regulate its procedure.
Quorum shall be two-thirds of its total membership. In any circumstance where the Chairman is absent, he shall delegate his duties to any member of the Board in writing.
The Board will be responsible for the overall policy direction and financing of the University and shall be headed by the Chairman who shall hold office for a term of five years renewable for another term of five years only. Each member will serve for four years renewable for another term of four years only.
The functions of the Board of Trustees are as follows:
- Approval of the general development policies, goals and long term plans of the University as recommended by Council;
- Appointment and determination of the terms and conditions of service of the Chancellor, Pro-Chancellor and external members of the Governing Council;
- Ensuring sustainable funding of the University in all legal ways and to raise funds, receive gifts, donations, bequests, endowments, etc. and apply the same in the interest of the University;
- Hold, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any property or interest therein belonging to or held for the benefit of the University;
- Conduct visitation to the University at least once in every five years; and
- Approval of the annual budget for the University, and to consider the annual report including the audited account of the University.