1. Chapel service is mandatory for all staff and students are expected to be on their
seats at least ten minutes prior to the beginning of the service.
2. Chapel service holds every week on Mondays from 9.00 am to 10.00 am and Fridays
from 12 noon to 1.00 pm. Sunday service takes place at 5.00 pm for now till we have
a resident chaplain.
3. Absence from chapel service for students require official permission from the Hall
Supervisor or Dean of Students and copy of such permit must be submitted to the
Student Affairs Administrator within 12 hours following absence. Absence due to
illness, trips outside the campus etc. must be reported.
4. Food, drink or chewing of gum is prohibited in the Chapel.
5. The use of cell phones, headphones, walkman or anything that would distract anyone
form paying full attention during service is prohibited.
6. No sitting down while others are standing for praise, worship or prayers.
7. Movement in and out during service is not allowed, except when absolutely
8. Each student must possess a copy of the Bible and notepad for recording messages.
9. Loitering of students around the Chapel building, the cafeteria, Halls of Residence,
faculty building during service is not allowed.
10. Slouching or sleeping during service or any assembly is not allowed.
11. Dressing code to the Chapel is strictly formal.
12. Decorum requires that no students exits after service before the Vice-Chancellor,
other principal Officer, Staff in that order.
13. Breach of any of the above rules will attract sanctions ranging from verbal or written
warning to suspension depending on severity and frequency of the offence.
|Rules Governing the Chapel Service|
|Registrar Website Sunday, 28 February 2016 21:49 276 KB 769.00||Download|